Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Am Happy.

I feel like being confident is wrong.
Everyone's goal is to be confident. Everyone. What you want is to be happy about where you are in life.
You want to have things to aspire to while still liking how things are.
You want to look in the mirror and smile because you know you're beautiful.
But the truth is that most people don't.
And that is the norm.
So when I'm confident about who I am, people see it as being cocky.
When I proudly say that I rewatch my old videos because I think I'm funny, people find me strange.
When I have trouble relating to those who hate editing because they hate how they look and hate their voice, I'm the one that no one understands.
When I am proud of nails I've painted or a poem I've written and repeatedly mention it, people unfollow or unfriend saying that I was "annoying" and "self promoting". I really just love what I do and want to share it with the world.
I'm the one that's disliked because I like who I am.

And it hurts.

I'm sorry that I'm happy.
I'm sorry that I feel beautiful.
I'm sorry that I think I'm funny.
I'm sorry that I know I'm good at schoolwork.

I'm sorry that you aren't like me.
I wish you were.

I hope that one day you can love yourself like I love myself.
I hope that one day you can love yourself like I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be sorry. People feel that way out of jealousy and their own insecurities...

    ReplyDelete