Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Decided I Wanted To Share Poetry

This blog isn't really going to be too exciting, but I wrote a few poems I liked recently and decided I wanted a place to share them.
I used to keep a blog on myspace (HA. Who uses myspace?) back the day and, although I will probably never get back into regular blogging since most of what I want to say, I say to a camera, I do still enjoy writing.
So, anyway. Here is the first of hopefully many poems I share on this blog.
It's about living in a mill town.


Smoke Town

The town is on fire
Smoke billowing into the sky
from tall metal trees
day and night
infected

Trucks loaded with logs
and toothed monsters
Leaving smoke trails
as the fire inside them burns

The town is on fire
yet no one puts it out
because if they did
there would be no town left
to save

No comments:

Post a Comment