Sunday, April 10, 2011

Together In One

Although this isn't the best poem I've ever written, it really means a lot to me. Not because of the writing, the topic, or the time period it's written in. Really, because of the people I was thinking of when I wrote it.
I love you all.
I hope you like it.

URL is IRL

There are people whom I know
Who I see every day
In a box I carry around.
When it’s closed, it’s just plastic
But open, it’s my world.
This world is not one place.
It’s many places
Together in one.

I meet these people in my box
We talk and we joke
We hang out.
Just not in houses or malls.
We hang out in boxes.
Each in our own.
Many places
Together in one.

People call life outside the box “real life”
But both are real.
These people in my box are real
They’re just real somewhere else.
They’re real for someone else.
But we’re all here in my box
Many places
Together in one.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. It reminds me that we're always there in that box even if we can't be together outside of it.

    ReplyDelete